Writing Routines

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Writing Routines

Post by gateleys »

Please suggest manuals that would assist me in learning writing various transform, Before/After routines. Are there any other methods?
tcj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tcj »

There is a basic pdf file that comes with Datastage. Look at the built in routines and the SDK routines that come with datastage as a guide.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As noted, one of your best sources of inspiration are the routines supplied with DataStage itself. The source for all of them are easily accessed in the Manager. Study them. Make copies of them and then change them to suit your own needs.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Ask for the class Programming with DataStage BASIC - it's on the books but isn't scheduled.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

I learn from examples. That is why I looked at the SDK. It is also why I post code all the time. There are lots of routines for free on my tips page. Look through these and try to figure out what they do. Ask when something does not make sense.
Mamu Kim