ds_loadlibrary Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

aolasoji_2
Participant

ds_loadlibrary Error

Post by aolasoji_2 »

I am try to send an XML message to MQ Stage in a server job but I get the following error:

"ds_loadlibrary: Win32 error in LoadLibrary of mqs.dll - the specified module could not be found"

Does any one have a clue what the problem might be and how to fix it. When I take out the MQ Stage the job seem to work without any problem writing my XML message to disk.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Don't use this stage, but I vaguely remember you need some portion of MQ Series installed on the DataStage server and it seems to be complaining it can't find it.

If you do have it installed, then its path needs to get added to whatever Windows uses to control that - PATH perhaps? On a UNIX server it would LD_LIBRARY_PATH or SHLIB_PATH for example.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
aolasoji_2
Participant

Post by aolasoji_2 »

Thanks Craig,

I fixed the problem based on your advice, the solution was to copy the mqs.dll file to the C:\Windows\System32 directory, once that was done the MQ stage worked fine. Thanks again.
Raftsman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Raftsman »

We have the same problem and the resolution doesn't work. Are there any other thing we should be looking fo to solve this problem.

Thanks
Jim Stewart
Raftsman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Raftsman »

I should of looked more closely, our problem is related to the PX version. I will post it there.
Jim Stewart