Need to access rows added to a hash file and to a table

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

clarcombe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Need to access rows added to a hash file and to a table

Post by clarcombe »

After a job sequencer has run, I want to run a job that picks out the number of rows written to a series of hash files and also written to tables.

It is nothing fancy, just a checklist with
Hash Table : xx rows written

I am happy to search in help and on this forum but don't know what I am looking for.

Thanks

Colin
Colin Larcombe
-------------------

Certified IBM Infosphere Datastage Developer
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

A routine would work quite nicely in that regard, depending on what you need to do with the information. In any case, seach on DSGetLinkInfo for a way to query a completed job for the number of rows that went down any given link.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
mujeebur
Participant

Post by mujeebur »

You can genearte a report with all the links information on the transformer properties "after subroutine" to "JobReport" , which gives total of record counts traversed on each link.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Just look in the job log for the "active stage finishing" event. All the link row counts are there.

Beware, however, that the number of rows written to a hashed file is not necessarily the same as the number of new rows. Hashed files use a destructive overwrite if the key is the same as an existing one.

If you need the number of new/newly-changed rows, then you will need some way to identify those rows, such as a batch/run identifier or a timestamp.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.