Cant delete component in Version Control

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ian_bennett
Participant

Cant delete component in Version Control

Post by ian_bennett »

When we try to delete a component we get the following error:

"Unable to delete component through Version. Would you like do so in the Manager?"

If I delete the job from the project it still appears in VC (regardless of the user option).

Any ideas of what might be stopping me deleting in VC itself?
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

VC has a copy of the job. It is a project so you can delete within the VC project.
Mamu Kim
ian_bennett
Participant

Post by ian_bennett »

kduke wrote:VC has a copy of the job. It is a project so you can delete within the VC project.
Sorry, when I said I delete the job from the project, I meant from the VC project not the original project. It appears that VC stores another list somewhere and does not refresh based on the actual jobs in its project.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
VC was not intended to loose the fact you had that job in it at some point, there for will never really delete a job.
You can however filter the view not to show "deleted" components.
Or simply start a new VC project and perhaps sometime along the way decide the old VC projects components are in the new one and decide to delete the old VC project all together.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
ian_bennett
Participant

Post by ian_bennett »

roy wrote:Hi,
You can however filter the view not to show "deleted" components.
Nope, this doesnt work when I delete directly from the VC project. I assume it works only when the delete is done from the VC interface itself.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

ian_bennett wrote:Nope, this doesnt work when I delete directly from the VC project.
'Course not. :? You are asking for trouble going under the covers and deleting jobs 'from the project' without using the GUI as the control tables VC relies upon will be out of sync afterwards.

Simple enough to delete via the interface and then tell it not to show deleted components if the crossed-out entry bothers you.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers