Auto Purge is disable still logs are getting deleted

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Rubu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Auto Purge is disable still logs are getting deleted

Post by Rubu »

In the Administrator the Auto Purge option is disabled .

In Job level also purging option is not enabled .

Still the Job Logs are getting deleted after a single run.

Please let me know..

rubu
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,

They still might be purged via a clear.file commnd periodically on your system (or in an after routine of your job).
Multiple instance jobs when run repitadly tend to cause slow performance due to the logs growing very large in size; there for being purged by a periodical process.

I doubt anyone is actually deleting each row as it comes and the idea of somehow geting the logs flushed is not likely,
So it's either you missed the auto purge settings or something is performing a clear.file on them intendedly.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
Rubu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Rubu »

HI ,

There is no routine/After job for running the clear.file.

There is no Manual interference in the proejct.

There are around 50 instances of a Job in a sequence . When the job reaches ,say, when it is running 35th Instance in the sequence the the log of the 1st Instance gets deleted.

Secondly , in Administrator the Project default is purge after 5 run.
Even if i try to change the property through director , the change is not permanenlty overiding the purging properties.

Rubu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Two possibilities.

You (or someone) has probably imposed manual override of purge parameters for this job. When you open Job > Clear Log in Director, does it indicate that auto-purge is enabled for this job?

You are mistaking the fact that log entries are filtered with "disappearing". By default you only see the most recent 100 events. Use Ctrl-T to get to the filtering options.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.