DataStage Sequencer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bapajju
Participant

DataStage Sequencer

Post by bapajju »

Hello,

I have Sequenser, that runs Two jobs and Two Sequenser. First one of the jobs run then the sequenser runs and then the second job and finnaly the second sequenser runs. My problem is even if the 1st Sequenser gets aborted due to some reason still the second sequenser runs. Is there any way to control this.

Thanks in Advance
Amitav
logic
Participant

Post by logic »

what exactly do you mean by "sequencer Fails".. :?: . If you want to say that the first job fails/first sequence fails and still the next job continues then you should check the trigger.
Hope this helps,
ash.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is there any way to control this?

Triggers. Your first job sequence has a link to your second job sequence. You make the trigger on this link "Finished OK" or a custom trigger that allows both finished OK and finished with warnings.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
trammohan
Participant

Post by trammohan »

You can use control ( email - notifier ) which directs the control of main flow depending upon the trigger value ( Success or fail )