UNION and FULL outer join

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

UNION and FULL outer join

Post by DeepakCorning »

I want to confirm from you guys , Is it possible to do full outer joins and UNIONS in DS without any problem? And I think the only way to do is to use User defined SQL right??
LogicDude
Participant

Re: UNION and FULL outer join

Post by LogicDude »

DeepakCorning wrote:I want to confirm from you guys , Is it possible to do full outer joins and UNIONS in DS without any problem? And I think the only way to do is to use User defined SQL right??
Yes. I have done that in User Defined SQL with out any problem.
Raj
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

You can achieve the same effect with a series of hash files and passes thru the data. But it would not be the elegant solution. If a UNION is what you desire, that is a database action best suited to be done in a database. a UNION ALL can be achieved by simply concatenating like structured text files together. A full outer join can be achieved thru a similar concatenation of like structured files followed by a merging operation using something like the Aggregator stage to group by a the merging key fields and MAX(xxx) operating the remaining fields.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
rleishman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rleishman »

Like kcbland sez about UNION ALL - you can do it by concatenating text files. A nice way of doing this with DS is to have each of your separate SQLs feeding into a Link Collector stage.
hari_pulakanam
Participant

Post by hari_pulakanam »

Last edited by hari_pulakanam on Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

These (Funnel and Remove Duplicates) are parallel stage types, not available in server jobs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_j
Participant

Post by kumar_j »

u can do this by using with merge stage( in that there r so many options to do the join options )
complete set is for full outer join
just confirm