How to get Job start and end time

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arunverma
Participant

How to get Job start and end time

Post by arunverma »

Hi ,

We are having two dept. , development and operation . development team develop application and create root job sequencer , this sequencer call one by one all job . operation team is responsible to run application's sequencer . on daily basis they send us application wise status report , like finished , job start time endtime etc . to do this type of status report , they login DS Director and find individual root job sequencer start and end time .

Can any body help me how to get job status , start time and end time from universe for a given date .

Regards

Arun Verma
Arun Verma
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That is a very complex query, Arun, since the start and end times are stored in a different table for every job. Further, I believe your site uses multiple job instances, which roughly doubles the complexity.

You would be better off creating DataStage componentry to extract this information; a set of routines that could query the log for a particular job and store that information, and perhaps a job or routine that processes some or all of the jobs in the project.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
arunverma
Participant

Post by arunverma »

Thanks Mr. Ray ,

Can you Pl guide , how to get info and from which table , so we can start developing routine .

Reagrds

Arun Verma
Arun Verma
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DS_JOBS contains all the job names and job numbers.
RT_LOGnnn contains the log for job number nnn.

Use DSGetNewestLogId() to find the closest event number to the timestamp in question. Then cycle backwards till you find "job started" or "job finished" event. From this you will be able to determine the status.

You guys know all this stuff! Look at your training materials from 2003.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Download EtlStats from my tips page.

Should have a Windows version soon. Got everything but email working. Changed everything to ODBC. Should be lots easier to install.
Mamu Kim
arunverma
Participant

Post by arunverma »

Thanks to all , I am going to start routine , I will let you if any issue .

Regards

Arun Verma
Arun Verma