Operation Timed Out Error for TX map stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cdrk823
Participant

Operation Timed Out Error for TX map stage

Post by cdrk823 »

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone here knows the cause of an 'operation timed out' error when trying to pull the properties of a TX Map stage from within DataStage.

We have 7.5.1A installed for DataStage running in HP-UX 11.

Everytime I try to open the properties of the said stage, it keeps giving me that error. It eventually opens, but my maps (nor my directories in the server) can't be found/opened and I can't use my TX Map from within DataStage because of this.

I know there are tons of alternative ways to go and execute TX Maps without the use of this stage. But, out of sheer morbid curiousity, why does this happen?

Thanks in advance!

- cedrick
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No clue, but you might want to post this over at ADN. There's more TX traffic over there as well as a fine gentleman by the name of jsmoley who would love to help you with the MapStage plug-in. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
cdrk823
Participant

Post by cdrk823 »

thanks!

I'm actually already working with him for a while with this issue now. I thought somebody here might share the same problem.

i'll keep you guys posted once we find the resolution.

Cheers!