job sequence

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sun rays
Charter Member
Charter Member

job sequence

Post by sun rays »

Posting the original issue

When using the sequence to run the jobs in the windows environment, datastage 7.5, it was working fine. But when we were doing the same in unix environment, the jobs were failing with the "logon denied" error message where ever the database stages are used.
In fact the encrypted values are not passed properly from the sequence to the underlying jobs. This works fine when we use a string type for the passoword parameter.
Last edited by sun rays on Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sounds like the dreaded Windows XP Service Pack 2 related problem. There is a patch available on Ascential's eSupport website, download and install it and it should fix you right up.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sun rays
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by sun rays »

Thanks, chulett. Appreciate your help.
chulett wrote:Sounds like the dreaded Windows XP Service Pack 2 related problem. There is a patch available on Ascential's eSupport website, download and install it and it should fix you right up.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Editing the original post to remove the problem description is singularly unhelpful. Can you please reinstate it so that anyone searching for this problem in future can be helped?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sun rays
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by sun rays »

ray.wurlod wrote:Editing the original post to remove the problem description is singularly unhelpful. Can you please reinstate it so that anyone searching for this problem in future can be helped?
I am sorry for editing original post.
In fact I thought I was duplicating the posts on the similar issue, which I realised later.

In fact we had applied a patch for the (unix environment) from the Ascential site.

Thanks for the help.