The batch job will fail to pass the password to callable job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

venkat n
Participant

The batch job will fail to pass the password to callable job

Post by venkat n »

I am facing a problem with parameters
That is when we pass parameters dynamically from batch job to sub batch jobs.Those callable jobs are every time aborting due to SQL connection failure because of I think those are getting some nulls or wrong passwords. thatswhy my host user Oracle source user Id is disabled due to wrong attempts. every time I have to reenable the UID and then I have to restart it again.
can any one findout how to fix this problem or any work around for this problem
please let me know..
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

For test purposes, change the parameter type from password to string, then you will see if you are passing the correct values from the entries in the job run log files.
venkat n
Participant

Post by venkat n »

I observed those parameters all are correct from batch job.
Actually when the batch job is called by crontab automatically at that time that is aborting due to sql connection failure. when we ran manually at that time those are running fine without any warnings like sql link failure
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Does that mean that when you run the sub-batch job it is getting the correct userid/password/instance information but it is still failing to connect to Oracle correctly?
sun rays
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: The batch job will fail to pass the password to callable

Post by sun rays »

venkat n wrote:I am facing a problem with parameters
That is when we pass parameters dynamically from batch job to sub batch jobs.Those callable jobs are every time aborting due to SQL connection failure because of I think those are getting some nulls or wrong passwords. thatswhy my host user Oracle source user Id is disabled due to wrong attempts. every time I have to reenable the UID and then I have to restart it again.
can any one findout how to fix this problem or any work around for this problem
please let me know..
I know that there is an issue of passing encrypted parameters, when using sequence to call the jobs in the unix environment. I am not sure if this has something to do with your situation, but most likely an "yes".
There is a patch avaiable for this on the ascential site.
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: The batch job will fail to pass the password to callable

Post by DeepakCorning »

Yes I also faced the same problem but then came to know that i ave not applied the patch. The patch is for attaching the env variables to the callable job. Other wise it dsnt pass the required ones and the underlying job fails.