Log Messages

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bobthebuilder
Participant

Log Messages

Post by bobthebuilder »

Hi,

I want to know whether Datastage can maintain individual job Trace message logs and Error message logs for a specified period of time(around 30 days...)

Thanks
Bob
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Log Messages

Post by DeepakCorning »

Yes, It can. You need to set the clear lof properties for that respective job in the DS director.
bobthebuilder
Participant

Post by bobthebuilder »

Deepak,

I understand that it can be done with the Director by clearing the individual logs. But can information be stored for period of 30 days.

Aditya.
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DeepakCorning »

I dint actually get ur question ??

Do you want to keep a specified log file for 30 days or all the log files related to the job for 30 days??

If it is the latter situation then the director thing will work .If former then I right now dont know the solution but can find out.

Let me know which case is yours.
bobthebuilder wrote:Deepak,

I understand that it can be done with the Director by clearing the individual logs. But can information be stored for period of 30 days.

Aditya.
bobthebuilder
Participant

Post by bobthebuilder »

Deepak,

The Later.

Bob
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

DataStage does not delete any log unless otherwise set to do so.

Search for DSGetJobInfo for more information.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Trace files for stage tracing are stored in the &PH& directory. Trace files for server side tracing are stored in the &COMO& directory. They are kept indefinitely; there is no auto-purge mechanism for these.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.