Unable to open the project

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

VasanthRM
Participant

Unable to open the project

Post by VasanthRM »

I had a job which generates some sequntial files processing the input data files. I saved it under an existing project. The job got compiled and i was able to run it sucesfuly for the first time. But there was a error thrown in the log and said it was not able to load the log detials (mid way)

When tried compiling this time , i didn't work it was not even able to recognize the transformer stage.

I closed the project and tried reopening the project. It throwed an error
stating failed to connect to the project with the reason

the directory you are trying to connect is not a UV account or does not exist(39125)

i had a backup of this job as dsx file tried creating a new project and loaded it there....but still ended up with the same problem it wasn't able to even compile. closing the project i wasn't able to even open

What could be the problem? Any system table corruption related
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
In case you didn't have a typo mistake (verify by using DS Administrator to view projects list).

First verify the dsrpcd is up and running.

Code: Select all

ps -ef | grep dsrpcd | grep -v grep
After that verifying the project directory (cases sensitive) exists.
Then run a $DSHOME/bin/dssh after loading your DS environment and try LOGTO <project name> (again case sensitive), does it work?
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org