Import job get error DSR_SELECT and CATALOG errors.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Lindies
Participant

Import job get error DSR_SELECT and CATALOG errors.

Post by Lindies »

We have done an export from PROD to PRE PROD and every time we try to import the jobs, we get DSR_SELECT errors as well as CATALOG errors.
We have done the DS.REINDEX ALL command with no effect.
There does not seem to be any cleanup going on regarding the running of the clean up commands in the DS environment.

It allows me to import, even with the errors and use the jobs.

Please help
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

More information, please.

What exactly are you exporting and with what options? Is this import project another project on the same server as the export project or is it on another server? If so, anything different about that other server?

It would also help to post the specific error messages you are getting.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Lindies
Participant

Post by Lindies »

Exporting from one project and importing jobs to another project to the exact same server using manager . Nothing different about the server .

The error is :
Error calling subroutine *DataStage*DSR_SELECT (Action=2); check DataStage is set up correctly in project PRE PROD
(Internal Error (81021))
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Any chance it's this problem?
-craig

Lindies
Participant

Post by Lindies »

What do you mean?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Well... blue-ish words are URL links, in this case a link to another post I found by searching for your error number. If for some reason you can't see that in your browser, hover over the word 'this' in my post and the rest should be obvious. :wink:
-craig

Lindies
Participant

Post by Lindies »

Thank you,

I dont think is the same issue since the error saiys DSR_SELECT but
I will find out from the person i am trying to help if they omit in connection.Will let you know tomorrow.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DSR_SELECT errors mean that there's something wrong with the Repository for that project. Given that DS.REINDEX doesn't help I'd guess that it's because of the space in the project name.

The internal error (81021 "error writing to pipe") comes from the DataStage RPC mechanism; my guess is that it can't connect to the project at all.

Try creating another project called PRE_PROD (no spaces) and trying the import there.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hmm... didn't notice that the project name had a space in it. :? Didn't think that was allowed, or if allowed, perhaps not prudent. Curious if that turns out to be the sum total of the problem.
-craig