Datastage Engine Commands

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Mandar_Deshpande
Participant

Datastage Engine Commands

Post by Mandar_Deshpande »

Hi,
I want to know DataStage Engine Commands (which are executed from administrator module). Can somebody suggest me from where I can get all those?

- Mandar
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Mandar,

a good beginning to the system description and commands can be found by downloading the PDF files located at IBM UniVerse Documentation.
Mandar_Deshpande
Participant

Post by Mandar_Deshpande »

Hi Arnd,

I tried to find it out at page you have provided but did not find any DS related stuff.

- Mandar
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Mandar,

the DataStage Server Engine is built on an almost identical copy of the application that IBM now owns and is called UniVerse'. This application is a postrelational database system that is very comprehensive. This is why I pointed you to the documentation on the IBM pages --- almost all of the elements described there are part of DataStage, just with another name.

Most of the documents there are DataStage related in the sense of your original question. The Perform guide contains the list of all commands you can execute from the DataStage Engine. It is probably quite a bit more than you expected :)
pnchowdary
Participant

Post by pnchowdary »

The Perform guide contains the list of all commands you can execute from the DataStage Engine.
Hi ArndW,

In the link that you provided, there is no guide by the name of perform guide. Could you please let me know the exact name of the PDF document link that you are talking about?
Thanks,
Naveen
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I took a look at the page and yes, there is no guide to PERFORM anymore, but the UniVerse User Reference, Version 9.6 at the bottom contains every command that standard UniVerse has - 742 pages of thrilling reading for you.

Seriously, it is too much information to learn if all you want to do is use DataStage. I think that searching this forum for TCL will let you put together a list of common or useful commands.
pnchowdary
Participant

Post by pnchowdary »

Thanks a lot for the reply ArndW :D
Thanks,
Naveen