Scheduling a job in intervals of X minutes using director

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dannyna
Participant

Scheduling a job in intervals of X minutes using director

Post by dannyna »

Hi Experts,

I have a need to schedule many jobs, 6 days a week, starting at certain time, and require to run them in intervals(every X minutes).
Instead of sceduling the same job dozens of times, I Scheduled the job, and tried to edit the task in the Windows "Scheduled Tasks". Never the less, this option was disabled. It doesn't seem to be authorization problem since I used also Adminstrator login.
Does anybody have a clue how to edit the task or solve the demand otherwise?

Regards

Danny
gradkarthik
Participant

Post by gradkarthik »

Hi Dhannya,
Can you explain your requirement a bit more. do you want to run the jobs indefinitely at regular intervals? or you want to run them a specified number or times at regular intervals in a day.
clarify your situation
karthik
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Use a job sequence with a loop including execution of your job, calculation of the next start time, and sleep.

Schedule this job sequence to start at 08:00 daily, for example.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dannyna
Participant

Post by dannyna »

Thanks,

That will definitly work. It's a pity I cannot edit the task to my requirements and use a generic feature.

Danny
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The "scheduler" window in Director isn't a scheduler in its own right - it's merely an interface to the operating system scheduler (cron or at) and is limited by the lowest common set of functionality of those schedulers.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.