Rows rejected by OLE DB provider

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

LogicDude
Participant

Rows rejected by OLE DB provider

Post by LogicDude »

Hi,

I am trying to update data into a table in SQL Server 2000. In this table, there are two columns with "Datetime" as datatype. However, my source (Oracle 9i) column data format is "YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss" (Time Stamp).

To insert data into SQL server, I am concatenating the incoming data with
".000".

I am getting this error: Row was rejected by OLE DB provider.
I think the date fields are the culprits.

FYI: I am using OLE DB stage to connect to SQL server. When I import metadata from SQL server, the datatype for these date fields is "TimeStamp". (We don't have a datetime datatype in datastage). I tried to change the datatype to Varchar and concatenate the input date with ".000" but it's not working.

Any help?

TIA,
Raj
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard! :D

Please post the complete error/warning message for one row.

It is very important in DataStage diagnosis to discern all the information that is provided in error messages.

In particular, what error codes are displayed, and what do these mean?

Why do you think the date fields are the culprits? The format you claim to have used (YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS.sss) is appropriate for SQL Server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
LogicDude
Participant

Post by LogicDude »

Thanks for your reply, Ray. The job is running fine now.

That was the complete error message (BRMContactAcctBDS_Job10_LoadData..X1: rows_out:Row 1 was rejected by OLE DB provider. )

You will laugh if I tell you what was the problem. By mistake I had selected a wrong column as one of the "keys" in target table and I was doing a "update existing rows only"! (As the row was not existing in the table, it was rejecting it. :D :twisted: ).

Sorry to waste your time.....In future, I will be more careful before I post a message :) ..... Thanks for your response though...
Raj
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's OK, and this thread will help anyone who does that in future! :D
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.