DB2 ODBC connectivity issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shyam_etl
Premium Member
Premium Member

DB2 ODBC connectivity issue

Post by shyam_etl »

Hi guys,

Am trying to create an ODBC connection to talk to a DB@ database. I modified the .odbc.ini file with the database name, package name, portnumber. Even the uvodbc.config was taken care of.

When i try to import a source defination using the odbc in the designer. After having selected the respective dsn, user id n password. I get a message saying 'No Match Found'.

Am able to talk to another DB2 database using the same DSEngine with out any issues.

I'd appreciate it,if you guys can share something on this.

Cheers,
Shyam
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard! :D

The bad news (for you) is that there is no error. "No match found" is the result of a query against the DB2 system tables; that you received that message indicates that connectivity is OK - otherwise a different error would have appeared.

"No match found" means either that you have specified a partial table name to filter the list of table names returned, or that you lack SELECT privilege against those system tables. Check with your DBA about the latter.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.