Deleting multiple jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nolane
Participant

Deleting multiple jobs

Post by nolane »

Anyone know how to delete multiple jobs from a folder. I can't see any options for doing this in manager or designer.
I am set up as a member of the NT Administrators group on the Datastage server.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I do it from the Manager or Director, click on the top job, shift-click on the bottom and then do a delete.
nolane
Participant

Post by nolane »

In Datastage Manager, when I select the jobs and right click the selection , I get 3 greyed-out options "Edit, Event Log and Properties" . From the main menu my menu bar items are File, View, Import, Export, Tools and Help.
I think I am missing something?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

nolane,

when you right click do you get the 3 greyed-out selections and the 2nd not-greyed-out selection is "delete"? I do.
nolane
Participant

Post by nolane »

No, I do not get the other 2 options, just the 3 greyed-out options. However, I have since installed the client on a different machine and connected to the same project, I can now see all options. Still don't understand why the other 2 options do not appear from the first client machine. Is it possible that this could be related to permissions/security ?
thanks, Eddie
elavenil
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by elavenil »

Hi,

In the manager client, the "Extended job view'' option is selected and unselect the option. And follow the steps as mentioned by Arnd then you should be able to delete multiple jobs.

HTWH.

Regards
Saravanan
nolane
Participant

Post by nolane »

Yes .. thats it, had to be simple. Thanks for your help