Error Msg- Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ysweec
Participant

Error Msg- Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage

Post by ysweec »

Hi,

Any idea how to troubleshoot the DS jobs if getting following error:-
DataStage Job 1051 Phantom 2051
Program "DSD.IPCOpen": Line 185, WRITE failure.
Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage SMSCERRORLoadFactMetricaSmsError..Link_Collector
DataStage Phantom Aborting with @ABORT.CODE = 3

Regards,
SC
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi,
i guess this comes at the ouput stage.
may i know what the value set for "Clean On Failure"

regards
kumar
ysweec
Participant

Post by ysweec »

Hi Kumar,

I have no idea what is the value set for "Clean On Failure". Can u guide me where to find it?

Regards,
SC
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Do a job reset and look into the new message(s) in the log file, often they contain additional information.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

ysweec wrote:Hi Kumar,

I have no idea what is the value set for "Clean On Failure". Can u guide me where to find it?

Regards,
SC
Hi,
u can find this in the output stage, under properties tab -->Opiton ---> Clean On Failure

regards
kumar
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

kumar_s wrote:u can find this in the output stage, under properties tab -->Opiton ---> Clean On Failure
Huh? Maybe in a PX job, but not in Server anywhere that I recall.

The best thing to try is what Arnd suggested - reset the job after it aborts via the Director and see if any messages come into the log labelled as 'From previous run...'.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi,
Iam sorry, yes that is in PX jobs :roll:

regards
lumar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Attempting to cleanup after abort is purely informational, and can be noted and ignored.

The actual error has occured in a Link Collector stage, and is a failure to write - presumably to a buffer used by that stage or to a file (Sequential File stage?) connected to its output. This is most likely to be a permissions or space problem.

Reset the job in Director; there may be a "from previous run..." message logged that contains additional diagnostic information.

Also, determine the name of the directory referred to in your UVTEMP configuration parameter, and check that its file system has plenty of free space.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ysweec
Participant

Post by ysweec »

Hi Ray,

Yes. My job is job server.
10x! That job can be reset and re-run successfully.

"determine the name of the directory referred to in your UVTEMP configuration parameter, and check that its file system has plenty of free space. "

Would like to what do u means by "determine the name of the directory referred to in your UVTEMP configuration parameter"? The name of the directory in where?

Regards,
SC
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In the DataStage home directory is a file called uvconfig containing a heap of DataStage configuration parameters. UVTEMP is one of these. Its value is a directory used for various kinds of temporary file by the DataStage run machine.
From the operating system you can execute a command such as

Code: Select all

`cat /.dshome`/bin/analyze.shm -t | grep UVTEMP
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ysweec
Participant

Post by ysweec »

Hi Ray,

10x so much.
So, u means just check the UVTEMP is refered to which directory and check the available space for that directory, right?
Anything to tune on the DS jobs?

SC