How to create bitmap image of jobs from command prompt?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nandu_infy
Participant

How to create bitmap image of jobs from command prompt?

Post by nandu_infy »

Hi all,

I need to create bitmaps images of job designs for documentation. I know that u need to give some parameters to dsdesign.exe for the same. I searched the forum, but noone has really mentioned what are the parameters to be passed.

Somebody please through some light onto the procedure.

Thanks,
Nandu
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

From what I recall, you need to use /SaveAsBmp=filename when calling it. Or in 7.5 I think they added a /R parameter to add a bitmap image of the canvas to a job report.

It all should be in the readme, I would think.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

You can download DSaveAsBmp.bat on my tips page. It will create a bmp image for every job in a project. It is also available on ADN. I also posted one to get a report on all jobs.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you have 7.5 it will do the documentation for you (including the bitmap of the design). Find the tool in the toolbar that looks like it invokes Internet Explorer. A tool tip will appear if you hover the mouse pointer over it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I use Kim's saveasbitmap script with a modification to generate an XML report along with the bitmap. This provides a context sensitive bitmap where you click on a stage on the bitmap and it takes you to the properties for that stage.

Designer.exe /H=host /U=User /P=Password ProjectName JobName /R /RP=ReportName
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

The script is more to show how to do these type of things on more than one job. Also to show the exact syntax. I think examples are more powerful training tools than any other teaching tool.

Vincent you should post your additions.
Mamu Kim