undo tablespace

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

logic
Participant

undo tablespace

Post by logic »

Hi all,
I am reading from oracle tables using odbc. I am using a user defined sql to pull records from source tables. Target is oracle and i am using odbc to write to target table. I have specified transaction size as 100 and array size as 1 in target stage and transaction handling as none for source stage. Still My job is aborted due to the following error.

Code: Select all

DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][DataDirect][ODBC Oracle driver][Oracle]ORA-30036: unable to extend segment by 512 in undo tablespace 'UNDO'
I know that we cannot do anything else within datastage apart from reducing transaction size to eliminate this error.
But the question why would a Similar job get executed properly without any errors inspite of user defined sql being similar and the row count being more than the present one ??What am i missing?

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What else was happening in Oracle at the time that might also have needed some of the UNDO tablespace?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
logic
Participant

Post by logic »

Hi ray,
Thankx.I overlooked this point. Many other users were also accessing oracle posibbly same table..some other process running at the same time may have caused the undo tablespace to be depleted.
Thank You.