changins parameters to sequence

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kool_cons
Participant

changins parameters to sequence

Post by kool_cons »

hai
Last edited by kool_cons on Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

That is what Parameter Manager is for. So you can copy parameters from one job to all other jobs which need them. Several top posters have posted their routines and jobs to do the same. Parameter Manager is available on www.tools4datastge.com. All the others use at your own risk. Updating the repository directly is not supported by IBM.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Create one Job Activity that runs a job with all possible parameters, and set these. Copy this Job Activity and paste it as much as you like.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Ray,

But when you select a different job name, the parameters for that job will be replacing the full list. So the copy-and-paste of job activity will only be useful after configuring all jobs to have same list of parameters.
kool_cons
Participant

Post by kool_cons »

Sainath and Ray
How do you configure all the jobs with same parameters.i have no idea how to do this. please give me ur suggestions
Could you also explain what is a job activity and what it does.

thanks
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

As Ken suggested, getting Parameter Manager may solve your problem to include params list in multiple jobs.

Job Activity is the stage in job seq to invoke jobs.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The dummy job that you configure contains the union of all job parameters in the project.

When you change job names in the Job Activity, that Job Activity magically causes non-relevant job parameters to disappear.

I keep the "master" job activity in a Job Sequence of its own, and copy from there to paste into the job sequence on which I am currently working.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.