dscmdexport - export to unix from windows ?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kaps
Participant

dscmdexport - export to unix from windows ?

Post by kaps »

Hi

Can anyone tell is it possible to do the export to unix directory from windows using dscmdexport utility ? I have searched the forum and could not find the answer for this.

I did the export to windows it worked but i tried to export it to unix I am getting path not found error.

dscmdexport /H=server /U=username /P=password projectname \home\username\filename.dsx...

I also tried the backslash in unix path name...no use...

Thanks
pnchowdary
Participant

Post by pnchowdary »

Hi Kaps,

Like you already noticed. UNIX uses "/" (forward slash) in the path.

Code: Select all

dscmdexport /H=server /U=username /P=password projectname /home/username/filename.dsx
In the UNIX prompt, try to go to the specified file path and see whether the specified directory exists and you have permission to write to that directory.
Thanks,
Naveen
kaps
Participant

Post by kaps »

Yes. I have checked everything...It's not working...It gives the warning and writes the export to local dorectory.

Thanks
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

You would need to use Samba or some other tool to mount a UNIX filesystem so you can write to it from Windows.
Mamu Kim
kaps
Participant

Post by kaps »

Thanks for the reply Kduke...I see what you are saying. First we need to establish connection between windows and unix then only we can do it.

Thanks