Plug ins

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kool_cons
Participant

Plug ins

Post by kool_cons »

hey,
I dont see plug ins like pivot,row splitter,row merger when i was trying to promote some jobs from VC to a project. could you guys please help to get rid of this problem. but i do see those in earlier project which is initilized to VC.
thanks in advance.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

They are optional plug-ins and it doesn't really matter if they are installed in the VERSION project. They will need to be in your promotion target project(s), however. If they are missing, easiest thing to do to fix it is to rerun your Server installation and choose the option to install additional plugins.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kool_cons
Participant

Post by kool_cons »

COuld you please tell me the path for installation packages in server. and also give the command for installation if you know.

thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Code: Select all

Start > Programs > Ascential DataStage > DataStage Package Installer
You find the packages on the DataStage CD in a folder called Packages. Select the I386 subfolder of any particular package to install on Windows.

On UNIX, the command is dspackinst
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The package installer is a manual process and not what I was suggesting you use. It will work, but I would think rerunning the Server installation would be infinitely less painful.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers