Write status in output file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Titto
Participant

Write status in output file

Post by Titto »

Hi,

Is it possible to use same file in 3 stages to write output status.
I am not able to write the first 2 stages status, i think it is overriding the last 2 stages statuses.

Thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Titto,

you can use the same file in 3 stages as output if:

(a) it is not a sequential file
(b) if it is a hash file, the keys must be unique, meaning if one stage uses the same key as a previous one the value is overwritten
(c) if it is a direct database or ODBC connection then you need to ensure that the commits are performed immediatealy with no buffering.
Titto
Participant

Post by Titto »

I am using a Seq file, as you said i can't use Seq file, hash file as it is going to be same key. So, how should i get the result what i am expecting.

thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Titto,

it was easier to tell you what you can't do than to figure out what you should do :)

You could write to 3 separate sequential files and later on concatenate them. You could write to a hash file adding the transform name to the key to make sure that records aren't duplicated. You could write to ODBC and not even bother about making a key... It depends upon a lot of factors that we don't know about. How many WRITEs are you doing to these 3 links?
Titto
Participant

Post by Titto »

Thanks Arndw,

I following the method of writing different HAsh file and writing to a Seq Output file using Transformer.
I have one more question what kind of values does DSStageLastErr and DSLinkLaskErr macros set, I want to capture those to Log file. For example if stage or link completed succesfully will it genereate any Numereic number or a space.

thanks