Datastage Appearance

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bdixon
Participant

Datastage Appearance

Post by bdixon »

Hi All,

Do you know of any options on changing the colours / appearance in datastage directory, designer and manager. I want to have different colours / appearance between our development environment and production environment.

Brad
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not possible in version 5. And not totally possible even in version 7.5 (the current version). Train your people to notice the project name in the title bar. Or use roles to prevent them from getting at production at all!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Nice idea though. How are you delivering jobs to production? If you use export/import maybe you can put a job description annotation into all your jobs and when you deliver it to production do a search and replace on the export text file to replace the annotation colour property to give it a different colour, or to indicate development or production in the job description.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Or you could put a huge annotation onto the design canvas. Annotations go behind stage types, so your design would still be seen. Change the color setting of this annotation. Hmm...
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ranga1970
Participant

Post by ranga1970 »

No two wise people think alike thats why they are wise; excelent ideas these ae really interesting; all know we can have anotations, but reaaly how many of us thought about changing the colour of these anotation in different environ ment.
Comon folks, we should thank and appreciate these geniouses at least once in while, which gives them at least satisfaction and encouragement for the free service they are doing for us

thanks
RRCHINTALA
bdixon
Participant

Post by bdixon »

thanks for the responses guys.... i will see what i can come with from your suggestions