Error while viewing the data EOR

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kollurianu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error while viewing the data EOR

Post by kollurianu »

SunsContactFile...sequential_File_10.DSLink14:read_fixedwidth() - row 1 ,column Street_Address,
column unexpectedly ended by EOR

Could some body explain , how the terminators field should be for a fixed format file.

Thank you all,

Greatly appreciated for ur help.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Kollurianu,

the message says everything you need to know. DataStage is reading merrily along the parts of a fixed-width record. It reaches the actual file end-of-record before it's fixed-width column declaration
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Hi Annapurna,
I had a similar problem and again the great man Arnd helped me out of it.

My understanding of your problem is that there is a line terminator in your last or intermediate records (probably the last).
What you can do:

1. In the Output Stage, go to the columns tab, and go to "Contains Terminators" and select "Yes" in the drop down. And when you do this, also do 2.

2. Go to the "Incomplete Columns" and select "Retain".

3. Save the job and Run.

Let me know if it works.
:)
Naveen.[/quote]
kollurianu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kollurianu »

Thank you Arnd for ur suggestion , but after setting the column terminator field as yes on columns page then it is working correctly.

could please explain why ?

Thank you all,
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Kollurianu,

if you don't tell the sequential file stage about any terminators then it will be off by one byte... the fixed-width format allows no leeway on errors :) What Naveen says is also true, this option should only be used if you have a file where the trailing spaces have been chopped off (some FTPs tend to do this) but the file remains essentially a fixed-width one.
kollurianu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kollurianu »

Thank you very much Arnd