how to unlock routines from universe (unix)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

venkat n
Participant

how to unlock routines from universe (unix)

Post by venkat n »

How to do unlocking the routines
when i am importing some jobs to the server, connectionwith server broken to the server then usually what happens
I again imported those but some jobs are not working properly what is the basic reason behind this
I had to import againe
please suggest me why these things are happens....
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Venkat,

if you are importing jobs and you get that warning message it means that someone is editing or using it - you can't override that, nor do you want to. You need to make sure nobody is using the jobs prior to replacing them. The mechanism that DataStage uses for functions/subroutines is different and you won't get any error messages at all.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In your situation the lock on the routine is held by a defunct process, specifically the disconnected import process.

You do not unlock from UNIX. You must enter the dssh environment and use its tools to free the lock. To do so you will require administrative privileges.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.