error while viewing the data

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kollurianu
Premium Member
Premium Member

error while viewing the data

Post by kollurianu »

Hi All,

Can some what explain me what is warning iam getting while viewing the data from target file stage,,

DunsContactFileTEST..Sequential_File_3.DSLink6: read_delimited() - row 1, column length_of_S2, required column missing
DunsContactFileTEST..Sequential_File_3.DSLink6: read_delimited() - row 2, column contact_full_name, required column missing

Thank you ,
pnchowdary
Participant

Post by pnchowdary »

Hi Anu,

Seems like your metadata is not matching the data that you are trying to read from the sequential file. Check to make sure the column names,sizes,position,type exactly match the data that you are trying to read.

Also, check the format of the sequential file you are trying to read from and depending upon the format, use the appropriate options in the Format Tab of the sequential file stage.
Thanks,
Naveen
kollurianu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kollurianu »

Thank you pnchowdary , my metadata is matching correctly , but what i did is i added few columns to target stage in the transformer by inserting new column and defined type and length of the fields and after that
i see the additional columns in the target stage also ,

is this causing problem.

Thank you all , any inputs would be greatly appreciated.
pnchowdary
Participant

Post by pnchowdary »

Hi Anu,

Adding few columns in the transformer and then propogating them to the target is absolutely fine. It should not give you any error.

After adding those new columns, did you compile and run the job, before trying to do view data in the target.
Thanks,
Naveen
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Hi Annapurna,
As far as I know, the problem here is the input file format is different from the target file format.
Is your input file a fixed width file and may be your target is delimited. Check your target file format. Hope that helps. Let me know if this solved your problem.

Naveen D
pnchowdary
Participant

Post by pnchowdary »

Hi NaveenD,
the problem here is the input file format is different from the target file format
I dont think that's true. The Input file format can be different from the Target file format.

We have tons of jobs where we take the input as .csv file and create the ouput file in the fixed width format.
Thanks,
Naveen
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Hey Dude,
Pnchowdary, I think you didn't follow what I said. The point I'm trying to make is that if the input file in reality is a fixed width and if you don't check that 'fixed width format' in the stage where you are reading that file then you get such errors.

Sorry, if my language mislead you,

Naveen.
pnchowdary
Participant

Post by pnchowdary »

Hi NaveenD,

Yes, your earlier statement was misleading. However, I do agree with what you mean by it now.

I have already asked her to check the same thing in my first response
Also, check the format of the sequential file you are trying to read from and depending upon the format, use the appropriate options in the Format Tab of the sequential file stage.
Anyway, lets wait for her to respond back and see what she comes up with.
Thanks,
Naveen
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Cool! Sorry for the misunderstanding. I agree it was misleading.

Take care,
naveen.
kollurianu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kollurianu »

thank you all very much , my main input data file (fixed file) was 1 byte
less i could not catch this before , thank you all for ur time and suggestions