BCP Load Stage for Sybase/MSSQL Server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

palmeal
Participant

BCP Load Stage for Sybase/MSSQL Server

Post by palmeal »

Has anyone ever gotten the "Sybase BCP Load" stage to work with MSSQL Server 2000 ?
It appears that it worked with MSSQL 6.0 but hasn't for future releases of MSSQL Server as the changes to the core has made it quite different to Sybase. Is this really true ?
So instead of BCP'ing data straight into a MSSQL Server table I now have to write my data to a file, ftp the file to a directory on the SQL Server where a detection process takes the file and "bulk inserts" it onto the target table. (ODBC - too slow and not an option).

I'm hoping that I'm missing something simple here and it is just a blip on my part. On the other hand if it is no longer possible then shouldn't DataStage support for a previous function be maintained even if the supported vendor in question changes their core.
Pity the poor customer who had bcp working between DataStage and MSSQL Server 6.0 who had to upgrade their MSSQL Server and suddenly found their processes unable to run - this surely can't be true especially as MSSQL 7/2000 have been around for at least 6 years.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your blip is accurate. BCPLOAD still works with Sybase which is why it's still in DataStage.
A "bulk loader for SQL Server 2000+" probably belongs on the wish list. You can do that here!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.