GCI Link initialisation error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

anilkona
Participant

GCI Link initialisation error

Post by anilkona »

We are getting the following error in one of the jobs that uses DRS and IPC stages.

IPC.Result: ds_ipcopen() - call to CreateMutex() failed - The handle is invalid.

Conversion: |Error 11 in GCI Link initialisation.

Any ideas?
mahmoud_ali
Participant

Same "Error 11 in GCI Link initialisation" from co

Post by mahmoud_ali »

Hi,
I got the same error from a collector stage, First, I got a warning from an input link to the collector, the warning says:
"ds_ipcopen() - call to OpenFileMapping() failed - The system cannot find the file specified."

Then I got the "|Error 11 in GCI Link initialisation.|" Fatal error from the collector itself and the job aborted ...

any help ???
Chandan
Participant

IPC_SRC.ipc_src_in: ds_ipcopen() - call to OpenFileMapping()

Post by Chandan »

HI Guys,
I have got the same Error, If anyone finds a solution please post it for the knowledge of others. I saw all searches for this error i have not been able to find solution in any of the replies... Seems kinda Interesting..

Platform : Windows 2000 Server
DataStage Version 7.5
Note : The job ran correctly without any changes but now its failing.

There are 200 Rows from the SOURCE DRS but then the IPC stage hangs with the following error.

IPC_SRC.ipc_src_in: ds_ipcopen() - call to OpenFileMapping() failed - The system cannot find the file specified.

and the next error is
|Error 11 in GCI Link initialisation.|

Thanks in Advance,
Chandan
Chandan
Participant

Solution to : ds_ipcopen() - call to - GCI Link Error

Post by Chandan »

HI Again Guys,
I found the solution to the above problem i had.

The Diagonosis was
One of the DRS had > 15000 rows. A hash file was created for lookup using this DRS. As the Source DRS - IPC had timeout parameter of 10 it used to get timeout bcoz the lookup DRS took a long time to load that hash file in the Job and hence it gave the above error.

Solution
1) I limited the Lookup DRS to 1000 Rs by Specifying the limit in executing the job.
2) Alternative, Increasing the Time out for IPC also eliminated the problem

Any other solution you people have do add in.....

Cheers
Chandan :D
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Disable row buffering for this job. You can then process as many rows as you like. 15000 rows is not many.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.