AS400

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

logic
Participant

AS400

Post by logic »

Hi All,
Earn and learn time!!
We have to create an interface between HR-Oracle database to AS400 where we will dumping some table information from Oracle database to AS400 box :roll: .
Can anybody pls explain the outline/path that I should follow or where I should search for more information.
Thanks,
Ash.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If it's DB2/400, you can use the DB2 stage or the ODBC stage. You can also expose the AS/400 tables on your UNIX machine using DB2 facilities and write to those.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
logic
Participant

Post by logic »

Hi Ray,
Thats what I figured out..To use a ODBC/DB2..but while going through some previous posts I came accross a mention on ODBC.ini file so was not sure how to establish a connectivity between AS400 and DS.
But I guess the DS admn will be doing that. In the mean time I am still trying to figure out about the .ini file. And will look into the second option you have suggested about exposing the as400 tables on unix machine using DB2 facilities
Thanks,
Ash.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

.odbc.ini is simply where you set up ODBC data source names, with all the other information required by the driver. It's just how we used to have to do it with Windows 3.1 and earlier.
You may also need to put a simple entry into the uvodbc.config file in your project, indicating that this data source name exists and that its DBMSTYPE is ODBC (as opposed to UniVerse).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.