Import error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

elavenil
Premium Member
Premium Member

Import error

Post by elavenil »

Hi,

We are getting few warning messages as 'RT_LOG<nnn>' cannot be deleted, 'RT_STATUS<nn> cannot be deleted while importing the jobs into the project. And at the end of import operation, the job cannot be opened using designer and it says 'the design information cannot be found'.

1. Ensured that the import file has design and executable of jobs.
2. Drop and recreated index in the project but it did not help.

Can you someone pls enlighten me what is causing this issue.

Regards
Saravanan
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
Your mentioned files might be locked some how, hence you can't import new designs with the same name.
Or your dsx file is messed up.
Search this forum for LIST.READU to find the locks or use the DS.TOOLS interface.

Another thing might be permitions issue.
Try to see if the aleged files exsist under your project directory.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
elavenil
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by elavenil »

Hi Roy,

Thanks for the response.

Troubleshooting purpose, exported a job and try importing into the project and it gave me the same warning messages that were mentioned in my previous post.

Checked the job and there is no lock and am using administrator id to export/import the jobs.

Checked the RT_<XX><nn> files and existed in the project folder.

Any input is appreciated.

Regards
Saravanan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Almost certainly you (the executing user) lack permission to delete these dynamic hashed files. (Among other things, you need write permission to the parent directory, as well as write permission to the hashed file directories themselves.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pnchowdary
Participant

Post by pnchowdary »

You will come across the above problem, when someone ran the job with the same name and maybe they deleted the job and left the RT files hanging there. Since, the job was ran with a different id, it may not let you delete those files.

Check and see which id created the RT files and whether you can delete the RT file manually (rm).

If you cannot manually delete those files with the id you are using, then you need to ask the admin or the owner of the files to delete those files, before attempting to import the job.

Thanks,
Naveen
elavenil
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by elavenil »

Everyone in my team is using the administrator id of the server to connect to the server and administrator has all privilege in the server.

No one has deleted the job and runtime files as well. All those files exist in the server.

Whenever importing a job, first time the error encountered (RT_BP<nn> apparently has not been deleted and the subsequent message was 'No objects found) and import failed. Import was successful when tried next time and it created RT_BP<nn+1> and RT_BP<nn+1>.O folders.

And found that all files under the Ascential folder was read-only but i am getting the same problem after i changed those files under Ascential floder as not read-only.

All of your input is very much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
Saravanan