DS fighting with me

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

logic
Participant

DS fighting with me

Post by logic »

Hey,
I copied a sequence then clicked the job activities to change individual names nothing happened :( tried clicking on another job..nothing happened..then DS hung up on me. :cry: .so closed DS "cntr alt del" reopened..... all things changed previously were not savedby me...my mistake.... so everything has to be redone...then i again i open the sequence click on the jobs... working fine...then i click on routine activity same thing ..hung up.. :x ..maybe DS is telling.. Friday nite..go home..... 8)
any idea's why this happened?
Ash.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What is the exact version of DataStage?
What is the exact version and service pack of the operating system?

Activities in job sequences can appear to hang if there are very many objects of that type in the Repository. This is more usually seen with jobs than routines, since most sites don't have thousands of routines.

There may be a known bug (depending on your versions); check the eServices web site to see whether there is. Or ask your support provider.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Is your DS Server and client installed on different machines? If so, check the network traffic during that time.