FTP changing file names

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

homer2018
Charter Member
Charter Member

FTP changing file names

Post by homer2018 »

Hi

I'm looking for some expert advice on the following problem.

We need to daily FTP a file and load it to a DB2 environment. The filename contains a date stamp and therefore changes daily. What would you recommend as a solution for automating this.

Can I pass the system date as a parameter in the job to the FTP stage?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Toon
And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?
- H.S.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

You can use the date as part of your parameter for file name.
sudharsanan
Participant

Post by sudharsanan »

Hi Gurus,

In the same topic, i need some expert advice on how to design. Now my existing jobs have a parameter = param1 in a sequence job which calls a routine. This routine will return me the corresponding value from a hashfile.

Now I have a new requirement to change the parameter as =param1#x#. The value for x will be passed automatically from a shell script. I tried giving the same option in my job but it was not able to pick the value from the hashfile. Can someone tell me how to appened a text with the Sequence variable?.. Any help would be really helpful to me.

Thanks
Sudharsanan A N
sudharsanan
Participant

Post by sudharsanan »

Hi All,

I got the answer by using the following way to implement the requirement.

Code: Select all

Parameter = 'param1':x 
in the Sequence variable.

where x is the parameter that i am passing to the sequence. I tried all other options finally got the answer. It is great fun learning Datastage...

Thanks
Sudharsanan[/code]