Backup Error Message: Any ideas?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

peter_dickinson
Participant

Backup Error Message: Any ideas?

Post by peter_dickinson »

DataStage Server v7.51

Hi there,

When I start a backup of a whole project in DataStage Manager, I'm getting a warning message:

"Record J\328\VO in file DS_JOBOBJECTS does not exist"

I guess something within the project has been corrupted. The project was initially restored from an export of another project, which didn't have this issue (though it's not feasible to go back to this version now).

Any ideas of how I might be able to fix this up?

Cheers,

Pete
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'd start by rebuilding the repository indexes. There a ton of posts that reference DS.REINDEX if you need help with the syntax.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

You have a messed up job. The job number is 328. At TCL type:

Code: Select all

select * from DS_JOBS where JOBNO = '328';
This will give the name of the job which is bad. Restore this job from a DSX backup.

You may need to reindex. This should only happen when you run out of disk space or some other error which DataStage cannot recover from.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That record (J\328\V0) contains the layout of your design canvas. If it's not there you've got major problems.
Get an experienced consultant to check the views from J\328\ROOT to determine whether there's a different base view. If not, you really will need to import a new version of the job and to delete the job whose job number is 328. :cry:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.