Pivot plugin not found

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kool_cons
Participant

Pivot plugin not found

Post by kool_cons »

Hello gurus,
I couldnot find pivot plug in server job in one project,but it is there in other project. both are in the same server. what could be the reason for that. how can i find that.

thanks in advance
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

I think it will be present by default. Is your second project a new one?

To bring it across, export from one and import into another.
pnchowdary
Participant

Post by pnchowdary »

Hi Kool,

Also double check whether it is present under either Favorites or Processing groups in the pallette. It can be in either group depending upon your preferences.

Thanks,
Naveen
fridge
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by fridge »

I dont believe all stages are installed by default , unless they are specified in the original install. (Bit of a pain if you forget to do it as you have to add them in after creating new projects - not that you can create old projects - i digress)

there is a unix util , something like dspackinst in the $DSHOME/bin dir (I think)

THis gives a crude menu that lets you install new stages to a project (I believe there is also a gui option but think its only for client side/windows server installs)
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yes, several of the plug-in stages are optional and must be specifically selected during server installation for them to be accessable.

Rather than take the dspackinst (or the export/import) route, I've found it easiest and best to repeat the Server installation. It will determine it is in 'maintenance mode' and one of the options it will present you with is to install additional plug-ins. Not only will this get any new ones you choose into all projects at once, it will also get it into the 'Template' project so that any new projects created after the fact will contain the plug-ins as well. 8)
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers