obtaining Job Start/End time information externally

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ukyrvd
Premium Member
Premium Member

obtaining Job Start/End time information externally

Post by ukyrvd »

Hi
I am fairly new to datastage and still in learning stage. I know, We can get this information by calling dsjobreport routine as after job routine.
But
I am wondering if there is any way to get this info from command line or if can write a script for doing so taking job name as an input or even a new job data stage that can take job name as input parameter and produce an text files with those detail.

Thanks in advance
Prasad
ukyrvd
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ukyrvd »

Never mind.
I got it. I wrote a routine that can be called from transformer.

thanks
ukyrvd
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ukyrvd »

Hi,
I was wondering if there is a way to get a list of jobs called by given sequence?

thanks
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
Open the online help of the designer and type macro.
In the page there are 2 blue links click on the top one.
This will show you several macros that hold info similar to what you can get with the DSGetJobInfo routine and exists foreach job while it it running.

In your case you can simply use DSJobStartTimestamp.

As for end time you need to wait for the job to end so a close call might be using and after job routine to get the current time.

It all depends on what your implementing.

as for getting the list of jobs from sequence it was covered before, search for it.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
ukyrvd
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ukyrvd »

Hi Ray .. thanks for the reply.

I have modified DSJobReport to get start/end time of job during its last run. So I am fine with that.
as for getting the list of jobs from sequence it was covered before, search for it.
I did that .. went through atleast 10 pages of results :lol: .. may be I am doing with wrong key words. :|

From some of the posts, I feel it can be worked out if I start at DS_JOBOBJECTS. I will see if I can get that!!

thanks
Again.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Ok your like the 10th person to mistake me for Ray!
As flattered as I may be and as willing to give Ray any credit I'm not him :? :wink:
I've got several private messages the past month or so again from people mistaking me for Ray, so let me just clear it up before anyone else makes this mistake :wink:
I'm Roy not Ray :)
Would love to meet him and learn something (not nothing as a tennis player might interpert the love part, by the way loved that sig over your current one Ray :))

:wink:
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
ukyrvd
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ukyrvd »

:?

OOOps .. sorry about that Roy.

BTW, I have worked my way through it. Just went through some of the code posted by Kim on his website and modified to suite my needs. I hope thats fine :roll:

Thanks.