Version Control compile only option and PX jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

lclapp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Version Control compile only option and PX jobs

Post by lclapp »

If I utilize the compile option when I promote my jobs from VC to another project, where are the compiles done?javascript:emoticon(':?:')
Question The answer would seem to be the DS server being promoted to...but when has DS done the obvious. The question has to to with jobs that utilize the C++ compiler. I can see needing the C++ compiler for testing. But do I need the compile installed on my Unit Test DS Server and also my production DS server. I have a feeling that the answer is going to be yes. And if the answer is yes then there we really cannot say that the DS job executed in Unit Test will be the same as the one run in production. I make the comment because the C++ compilers could be out of sync between the two DS Server environments and different code could be produced.javascript:emoticon(':idea:')
Idea

leslie
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You're 100% correct. An audit would need to show that the compilers were the same before you could assert that the jobs are the same.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.