Table Definitions

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajkraj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Table Definitions

Post by rajkraj »

Hi,
I have two extract files (mainframe) with 1765 & 1820 columns. I defined first file columns and saved. Second file contain same columns as first files and some extra columns but these extra columns are not in end of the file, so is there any way i could modify and use the first file???...

Thanks in advance.
Raj
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

You can add columns if you double click on either the imported table definition or the saved one. So save it to a different name and edit it.
Mamu Kim
rajkraj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rajkraj »

Thanks Kim,when we double click on the table it will allow us to modify existing columns are insert the columns at the end of the file but I want to add new columns middle of the file

Thanks

Raj
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Hi Raj,
You can add the columns in the end as usual. And when you are done adding the extra columns. You can just right click on the new columns and drop them wherever you want. :)

Hope that helps. Let me know if it worked.

Whale.
Last edited by I_Server_Whale on Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

I forgot to add one thing. You have to right-click on the new column you want to move and drag them to the position of your choice.

Whale.
Last edited by I_Server_Whale on Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rajkraj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rajkraj »

Thanks Naveen....it will work..I forgot this option...any how thanks once agian buddy...

Raj
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

No probs....Raj.

Whale.