AS/400 ODBC connection problem.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

AS/400 ODBC connection problem.

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Hi All,

I've created an system DSN for an AS/400 using the ODBC. I have to import the ODBC table definitions. But when I try to access all (DEV2LIB, DEV3LIB, QGPL, MMDEVLIB) the AS/400 libraries defined in the ODBC connection, it just shows one (QGPL) AS/400 library. But in reality, there are four libraries in the ODBC connection. I don't understand why this is happening. I tried deleting the ODBC system DSN and created a new one, but in vain.

The same ODBC connection works fine with Microsoft Access. I'm able to see all the AS/400 libraries defined in the ODBC connection. But it is not working with Datastage, when I try to Import ODBC table definitions.

Is there anyway to tackle this issue? Does anybody know how and where Datastage stores the ODBC information.? Does it store in the project directory? If so, where?

Your suggestions and advice are tremendously appreciated,

Thanks in Advance,
Naveen.
kiran_418
Participant

Post by kiran_418 »

HI
for AS/400 i believe you are using iseries Access driver. In that under system make sure you define your system name. Under Server tab define the library you are using like DEVDTA or DEVCOM etc.
It should work.
If you are using ODBC wire protocol You need to define the collection name as your user name. You need to refer the documentation for that.

I hope this helps you.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Hi Kiran,
Thanks for the reply. Yes! I'm using the iSeries Access Driver. I did mention the correct system name and the correct libraries under the Server tab. Do I have to include the default library under the server tab.
What about the package tab?

The DataStage Server is on Windows platform and the clients are installed on windows machines as well. So, I think we should configure the ODBC connection on both the Server and the client.

One last thing, Is there any document on how to configure the AS/400 ODBC connection? Please do let me know,

regards,
Naveen.
anilkona
Participant

Post by anilkona »

Yes, you need to include the default library in the server tab.
Under the packages tab, make sure you have the default package library.

You dont have to install ODBC on all client machines. Its only required on the server.

-Anil
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Thank you all. The problem is solved now. The iSeries ODBC connection was not properly configured on the server where DataStage Server is installed.
So, after configuring the ODBC connection on the both the Server and the Client in the same way, I was able access the libraries. :lol:

Naveen.