Loading only values of a particular attribute value

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

aditya
Charter Member
Charter Member

Loading only values of a particular attribute value

Post by aditya »

All,

I have a job which works like this

SequentialFile --> Transformer --> HashFile

I have some attributes in the seq. file and I want to do a select on those attributes where attribute_value = 'XXXX'. I tried specifiying this condition as a constraint in the transformer where mention attribute_value='xxx' but the hashfiles continues to be populated with all the data from the sequential file.

Could some on help me on this

Thnx.

Aditya.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

aditya,

the method you described is the normal way of filtering data. Perhaps you have a syntax error or similar error in your constraint. Most likely your "attribute_value" is specified incorrectly, you can check that and perhaps post your exact constraint to this thread.

-Arnd.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That suggests that every row in the sequential file satisfies your condition, or that you have mistyped the constraint expression.

Can you check the latter?

Use the Debugger to step through a row at a time, inspecting (watching) the values of the attribute(s) as you step through. Set a breakpoint to pause when the condition is not met.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Did you clear the hash file before load?
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

I faced this issue once. What i did was that i assigned the logic to the particular column instead of putting it as a stage vairable/constraint. It worked...