DataStage Admin commands

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

EJRoufs
Participant

DataStage Admin commands

Post by EJRoufs »

We are using DataStage 7.1 on Windows servers.

I am one of the DataStage Admins. We have had no training on this. I skim thru the DataStage Admin documentation, and I don't see a list of "commands" available anywhere. Is there a place where the commands are listed that can be executed in DataStage Administrator? At the moment, I am looking specifically for a command that lists exactly which users are logged into DataStage on that specific server. But other commands could certainly come in handy as well, if I could find out what they are. :>
Eric
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Try HELP at the > prompt. I would do this from a telnet or ssh connection versus Administrator Window. It maybe easier.

There are some really good posts on this topic. Try to search for them. DS.TOOLS is a menu that will do a lot of the work for you. Try it.
Mamu Kim
EJRoufs
Participant

Post by EJRoufs »

kduke wrote:Try HELP at the > prompt. I would do this from a telnet or ssh connection versus Administrator Window. It maybe easier.

There are some really good posts on this topic. Try to search for them. DS.TOOLS is a menu that will do a lot of the work for you. Try it.

Thanks, Kim. I will check that out! :>
Eric
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are six help files. The first three are the most useful.
  • HELP

HELP BASIC

HELP SQL

HELP CONV

HELP PICK

HELP BCI
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.