81002 Problem Again!!!

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

81002 Problem Again!!!

Post by narasimha »

Before anybody just cuts me off.... I did a search on this topic, did get a lot of posts (But no answer though :? )

I get this problem (Connection Broken (81002)).... I am able to log in to Datastage Designer, if i try to open the second instance (sometimes the third) it complains with this message!

Though I have seen many posts on this, I did not get the exact solution for this.
Guys what are you doing when you get this.... There must be some one who has overcome this problem...

P.S. Datastage is installed on Windows 2000.
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Check whether your network traffic is high.
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

No I talked to my Network Engineer, he said there was nothing noticable or different from the past days....
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

There is a timeout setting you need to change in Administrator. It is on the properties of a project.
Mamu Kim
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

The Problem remains.....
-We have enough free space on our system.
-The network should not be an issue because we have tried opening Datastage Designer in the server itself, but getting the same error.
-There are no changes done to the server lately
-No new softwares installed
-There was no file by name errlog under Engine directory. Created it there, but though we were getting errors we never got any information into it.
-Cleaned up the &PH& using the command CLEAR.FILE &PH& from the Administrator
-Increased the timeout from 16400 to 86400 seconds
Narasimha Kade

ds_developer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds_developer »

Hi Narasimha,
When you open another Designer, are you using Tools | Run Designer from Manager or Director, or just clicking on a DS Designer icon? If you use Run Designer, it uses the same license. Otherwise you are using another license. Try both ways and see if the problem is the same. Just an idea...
take care,
John
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Hi John

I tried both ways, getting it either ways. Sometimes you get another error-(Internal Error (39202)) when i open DS Designer / Director through Tools| Run ....

(Miss working with you and Craig)
Narasimha Kade

ds_developer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds_developer »

Hi Narasimha,
39202 is an old error dating back to version 3 and 4 - seems quite odd it would pop up now. How about opening multiple Managers or Directors, same error? Are you using username and password or the Omit option?

John
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

I was getting the same error while opening multiple Managers or Directors too.
I am logging with the "username and password" option.
I am working closely with the ibm support on this issue too.
They suggested a few checks...
And as Kim had already told they also insisted on increasing the timeout or setting it to "Do not time out ".
After a restart i am not not facing this problem again(as of now), but i have to wait and see if it comes back... again. If everything is alright its good...
Narasimha Kade