unable to open the properties page of job activity stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sonia jacob
Participant

unable to open the properties page of job activity stage

Post by sonia jacob »

Hi all,

I am having this strange problem, since a couple of minutes ago. I am unable to open the properties page of the job activity state. The page where the parameters are set, the triggers can be etc.
:cry:

Anybody has any suggestion to fix this problem other than to reinstall my datastage client.

sonia
Regards
Sonia Jacob
vcannadevula
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: unable to open the properties page of job activity stage

Post by vcannadevula »

sonia jacob wrote:Hi all,

I am having this strange problem, since a couple of minutes ago. I am unable to open the properties page of the job activity state. The page where the parameters are set, the triggers can be etc.
:cry:

Anybody has any suggestion to fix this problem other than to reinstall my datastage client.

sonia

If you are using the Windows SP2 with the DataStage 7.5 , it an known bug. You have to get a patch from Ascential.
sonia jacob
Participant

Re: unable to open the properties page of job activity stage

Post by sonia jacob »

vcannadevula wrote: If you are using the Windows SP2 with the DataStage 7.5 , it an known bug. You have to get a patch from Ascential.
I use DS 7.0.1!!

I did reinstall the client but no difference. :cry:
Regards
Sonia Jacob
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

They mispoke - version doesn't matter. If you think you have the SP2 problem, get the patch, it will fix you right up. If that doesn't help, post back and we'll dig deeper.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sonia jacob
Participant

Post by sonia jacob »

chulett wrote:They mispoke - version doesn't matter. If you think you have the SP2 problem, get the patch, it will fix you right up. If that doesn't help, post back and we'll dig deeper.
Sorry this may be a stupid question. :? But were you all referring to the OS on the server or the Client. If its the client yes I am using a windows 2002 with SP2. But I still wonder why this started happening one fine morning!!! I mean its been over an year of job development and execution without such an issue.
Regards
Sonia Jacob
sonia jacob
Participant

Post by sonia jacob »

Installed the patch. It works. :D

Thanks a million, all.
Regards
Sonia Jacob