CATALOUG PREFIX

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Gokul
Participant

CATALOUG PREFIX

Post by Gokul »

Hi,

I want to knoe the Different prefixes used by Datastage to Cataloug Routines and Functions?

How do we determine those prefixes?

Thanks in Advance,
Gokul 10dulkar
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

User functions & jobs will get catalogued with a DSU.<name> format; other prefixes or formats are used within the product itself and are not encountered in normal DS use.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not sure why you want to know, but you determine the prefixes by inspection of the VOC hashed file. If you attempt to change the prefixes the routines will cease working. It's more complex than just the prefixes.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Gokul
Participant

Post by Gokul »

Thanks Ray.

Actually I was referring to one of your Posts regarding DSGetLinkMetaData,where you had specified.

Code:
Result = DSGetLinkMetaData(JobName, StageName, LinkName)

Of course, you will need a DEFFUN in the second case, so will need to determine with what prefix DSGetLinkMetaData is cataloged. Writing from an airport lounge, I can't help with that.

So in this case how do we determine the Catalogue prefix.

Thanks,
Gokul
talk2shaanc
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by talk2shaanc »

basically all user defined routines are prefixed with DSU and all in-built routine are prefixed with DSX.

And DSGetLinkMetaData is a function NOT routine or Transform, so you need to declare it by adding below line, on the top.
$include DSINCLUDE JOBCONTROL.H
Shantanu Choudhary