concatenate job log info

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

VasanthRM
Participant

concatenate job log info

Post by VasanthRM »

Hi,
Just went through the postings in DSxchange with regard to Job logs. I am just a beginner.

I was able to find the log details in table RT_LOGxxx
xxx job number.

Is all these logs info present in the universe DB? If so how do I retrieve them using a DS Job?

I tried using a Universe stage. But the table definition does not hold the log tables. To configure what credentials should I need to mention in .odbc.ini file.

Thanks in advance
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Hello VasnathRM,

accessing the internal tables is not a good idea, as the structure is not officially documented and are subject to being changed in the next release. I would recommend against looking at these tables directly.

If you look up information on the external program dsjob it will let you choose from various options to put the log information to stdout. This is the easiest way to see log information from outside of the DataStage environment.

The DataStage routines such as DSGetLogInfo() can give you very specific detailed information, but they do require a bit of familiarity with the UV/BASIC and DataStage environment.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Go to Director. Select your job. Go to the Project menu, choose Print. Check the Print to File check box.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.