trying to access the DataStage Repository

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ram1899
Charter Member
Charter Member

trying to access the DataStage Repository

Post by ram1899 »

I'm trying to access the DataStage Repository to create a Job for Metadata Reporting Purpose and also Auditing ( SOX implementation)

I'm trying to access DS_Jobs, DS_Audit ... Etc hash files for DS repository. I want to understand the structure of this files i.e. how many columns are in each Hash file and their data types and Column names

If some one can through some light on this or give me an idea where I can find this info it will be great help

Thank you In Advance
Cheers
ram1899
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Most of the metadata for repository columns is not in the public domain, and the vendor reserves the right to change same (and is doing so in the next release).
You can determine what is accessible with the LIST.DICT command (from the Administrator client command window), for example LIST.DICT DS_JOBS.
Note that the DTM, MODIFIER and REASON columns in DS_AUDIT are multi-valued (an object may be modified more than once).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

We have posted SQL to pull data out of these files so if you need something specific then ask. Ray will tell you that it will not work in the next release but until then it will work fine.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It won't work in the next ("Hawk") release. :lol:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

I told you.
Mamu Kim
ram1899
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by ram1899 »

kduke wrote:I told you.

Thank you Ray & Kim

I told my client to get MetaStage ( Reason they gave me that is doesn't support Oracle 10X )
I will tell then that we have to leave with this

Thank you & Have Great Day
ram1899