DataStage Login Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cdrk823
Participant

DataStage Login Error

Post by cdrk823 »

Hi Everyone,

My teammate is having some problems logging into our DataStage server. He receives this error everytime he tries to log in.
Error calling subroutine: DSR_PROJECT (Action=17); check DataStage is set up correctly in project environment
(Subroutine failed to complete successfully (30107))
I tried using my username/password and its working properly.

Any advise on how to fix this? Thanks!

-cedrick
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Did you search the forum.

Check the following post
viewtopic.php?t=88950&highlight=Action%3D17

Also check the space in the server.
cdrk823
Participant

Post by cdrk823 »

Ooops. Didn't see that post.

Anyway, Is this supposed to happen to specific users? Because I can log in perfectly. I tried dsadm, and it can log in perfectly. It seems that the problem is solely to this one developer.

Is the problem the disk space?

Does this mean that each user that tries to log in should have a specific amount of memory alloted to him/her?

Thanks for the swift response.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Does he belong to the same Unix group as you? Is he a member of dstage group?
cdrk823
Participant

Post by cdrk823 »

Sainath.Srinivasan wrote:Does he belong to the same Unix group as you? Is he a member of dstage group?
I just found out that this is the answer.

Only one user group in UNIX can access the DS_LICENSE folder in DSEngine (same user group as dsadm), which is weird, considering you can allow multiple user groups to access DataStage, yet they can't log in because their user group does not have write permissions to the said directory.

Am I missing something here? shouldn't it be that you can assign roles to different user groups (i.e. user, dsuser, etc)? Then why doesn't that license directory have write access for users who do not belong to dsuser?

Thanks again!
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

Well you can have multiple groups.....All DataSstage users belong to a primary group called dstage but you can assign each user a secondary group also.....the groups come from /etc/groups and are displayed in the permissions tab of every Project via Administrator....You can grant access or deny access to a Project via this secondary group...
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

It is normally viceversa. You create users who are then included in the dstage group.
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

OK no problem.....but when granting permissions in DataStage Admin you assign developer to the secondary group that shows and say no to dstage....if you say yes to dstage then everyone gets to enter that Project regardless if they belong there....